Thursday, April 25, 2013

Forever Young...

Thirty three years ago today my husband  was born. I think angels must have been singing (or at least giggling) when they bestowed that gift on your parents. If only they'd known what trouble you would get into, and the enormous amount of happiness you'd bring everywhere you went...they might have been better prepared! :)  Josh has the most amazing family, and I can only imagine his birthday's were nothing but amazing!  I am forever grateful that I was able to spend ten years of my life, ten birthdays with Josh!

While we all continue to grow, he remains 32.  A perfect, loving, forever young 32... Every year, on his birthday, Joshua would kindly remind me of my first birthday surprise for him! I tried so hard to make a nice, semi-fancy cake...knowing it would have to live up to his moms. Well I failed, not fully my fault,  for I blame it on the oven...she's the one that burnt that cake, not me! hahhah When he got home from work the house smelled horrible, the cake "looked good" thanks to the frosting, and I was crying my eyes out... He pulled me close and couldn't help but laugh! I learned after that, that he actually liked ice cream cakes, and those I could handle!!! haha

Not only will he be forever young ..... in everyone's mind, especially my children's ..... but he'll also be pretty close to perfect .... in their minds, and in all actuality he was, for us!   They have beautiful memories of his birthdays, and will always hold those times in their hearts.  They surprise me with how much they remember, and that fills my heart with more joy than ever.

I will always remember his 32nd birthday, for it was the last datenight we shared together... The last time I sat accross from him, and smiled that giddly loving smile, with out the kids, just us. I clearly remember looking deep into his eyes, and knowing that what we had was perfect, and asked him how could it get any better than this?! He smiled, and siad, " We have it all, this life is great, our love is better than most and  just like Jameson it gets better with age! ha ha After dinner, we met my brother, and the guys shot darts for a while, very romantic, I know! We then hurried home to the kids to enduldge in a cake, that I once again messed up!!!  Now don't get me wrong, the cake itself was amazingly scrumptious, however I picked the wrong one. Oh well... The kids loved it, we all did, and we celebrated, laughed and smiled.

Today was hard, I wasn't sure what to do, but we still wanted to celebrate. The girls asked if they could send daddy balloons, for that's what he had always gotten for them. So we sent our love and birthday wishes to heaven, grilled some awesome salmon and celebrated life! A life that will always be  intertwined in all of the lives that he came in touch with. A life that I am proud to celebrate, for I know that's what he would want!

Happy Birthday Joshua!
Forever and Always....

1 comment:

  1. Barbara, you are a beautiful writer. Thank you for sharing! Sending big hugs & lots of love to you!
    -Carly

    ReplyDelete